Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Beginning


the Hulk meets the Beast, originally uploaded by alxkcrlsn.

The (Rusty) Hulk meats the Beast.

That's my rusty hulk, dammit. Specifically, it's a '31 Ford Model A sedan (a Murray body, in the parlance of Model A nerds that I'm soon to join) that has been channeled six inches onto a LaSalle frame. Custom fender flares cover the rear suicide doors, so those are coming off. The roof, replacing the wood and fabric that was on from the factory and has long since rotted away, is a menu from the concession stand at a drive-in movie theatre. That's staying.

What's going in this thing? A 350 Chevy. Nah, just kidding. This one's Blue Oval. My generous boss gave me a big block Ford (460 cubic inches, but who's counting?) that I'm rebuilding. Hook it up to a 5-speed if I can afford one, add a nine-inch rear, and the Death Sled will be screamin' down the street.

Want more pictures? Check my flickr account.

No comments: